Sunday 14 August 2011

a trip and some stress!

Friday afternoon started with a very long session with the other HKSs as we started to prepare for our presentation. We took the visions we wrote the day before and merged them into a vision declaration – to follow at a later date! When you bring 14+ leaders together its going to be difficult, and because we hadn’t had a proper time of forming, we were storming later in the programme and it wasn’t till Saturday we finally found a middle ground – norm, and were able to perform together! (love a bit of Tuckman!)
So after hours of prep we went for tea and then watched the pacific and American presentations, Susanna’s dancing, and Patsy’s singing were great. And me and Rachel had a right boogie to the Jamaican presentation. And did some work for our presentation while we were watching. Then it was bed time.
Saturday!
That morning I went on a trip to Sowato. I was sitting with Christina the HKS from USA. It was such a moving experience- I even cried at the Hector Pieterson museum, which was all brand new information to me. During the tour instead of going into the Nelson Mandella house Christina and I went shopping, so look out Becky, Mum, and the boys. And I have a pretty thing for myself! It was also heart wrentching to see young children begging for our packed lunch. And we also tried to find Desmond Tutu’s house, we took photos of 2 houses in the block, just incase
We got back, and straight back into work – well some of us did, others arrived a little late... We worked hard, and there was quite a bit of stress and more arguements! We missed the next slot of issue workshops. We also in this slot learnt some Irish dancing!
After a rushed dinner and a quick change into British outfits! Then it was Helen Kim presentation... and on that Cliff hanger I’ll leave it there for now!
Rach

PS, I nearly got engaged, someone wanted me to marry her son in Nigeria!

2 comments:

  1. Don't get engaged! :-P Miss you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, that commetn was me, forgot I was signed into your account... Fail!

    ReplyDelete