Friday 9 December 2011

communication!

look at this, 3 blog posts in 3 days! I nearly blogged yesterday about Thursdays and work, but got distracted, and so here is another blog in my series of blogs not about my job!

Communication!

I was woken up this morning as I get Tweets that mention me are texted to my phone between 6am and midnight each day and at 8am this morning - though 9am her time my friend decided to reply to a tweet sent to her yesterday. Since then I've had conversations on 2 of my 3 different phone numbers, texted of 2, talked to people on MSN, facebook chat, twitter, replied to people who have written on my wall, write on others walls and even old fashioned email! and Current am talking to someone on facebook chat because of a comment they wrote on a group we are both in and that I responded to - during our conversation this person then posted the website I mentioned the campaign of onto my wall. I have also this morning been to a coffee morning at my local church and bought stamps to send the christmas cards I wrote over a week ago now which still don't have addresses on! To get addresses I've texted and facebooked people.

Last night on the new episode of How I met your Mother - on at 9pm on E4 - though I watched it at 10 due to Rev and BBC not having a +1 channel. Ted sets up a date with a girl at the bar and the agree not to look each other up online before the date. This leads them to a first date where they aren't sure what to talk about as they don't have an idea about the other person - which is what would have happened only a few years ago. I've been on facebook 5 years now and have 2 accounts. I'm careful with what I share online, but I'm also very nosey.

This blog isn't finished! But facebook has just brought me more interesting stuff to deal with so I better go!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for waking you up! :(
    Although partly your fault for being so inter-linked :P

    Also, watch HIMYM in German today. Was strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the term is Hyperconnectivity!
    and you are forgiven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a nice comment .... to say
    I love how many different forms of communication you have! And even more so how many you have in duplicate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an unsolicited comment! Came across this quote in my dissertation, which seems quite apt

    "To live in one place no longer means to live together, and living together no longer means living in the same place - Ulrich Beck, What is Globalisation?

    ReplyDelete