Tuesday 24 April 2012

Bambelela - what a year

Bambelela - an african word meaning never give up.

I know in December I did a review of the year but somehow I think the year should run from Easter to Easter - or Swanwick to Swanwick.
April 2011 had a very busy week in it. I went from a manic spring harvest stewarding where I made some good friends, and went straight off to Swanwick for my first experience of MWiB (Methodist Women in Britain). I was shattered and probably made a really bad first impression. It can't have been too bad as they still took me to South Africa, and asked me to join the forum. I'm really glad they didn't give up on me.

This past 12 months with MWiB have been very exciting, the Launch in Southport in July last year, 3 forum meetings where I informally represent young women (under 40s), 2 of the launch roadshows, 2 task group meetings - as well as joining 2 other task groups. And of course the World Assembly in Jo'burg.

So this weekend we explored many things on the theme of Bambelela the most moving being 3 women talking about their experiences of life, being very open and honest and still declaring Bambelela - Christ is our hope. The funniest moment being during watching cool runnings when they all shouted Bambelela!

This evening I've had my own Bambelela moment. You may have figured from last nights blog that something was happening today. I had a job interview and had a phone call this evening saying they weren't offering me the job. So, after getting fish and chips, I've spent the evening in my pjs, cuddling Kimmy (my teddy) and eating chocolate. This obviously wasn't the job for me, and God has a better plan for my life. So I'm not giving up, I'm grateful for the emails and texts of support I've received today. Christ is my hope. Never give up. Bambelela

No comments:

Post a Comment