Tuesday 14 February 2012

Just to say I love you

So its valentines day and I'm going to copy everyone else and talk about love.

I've decided I'm not a big fan of this day, my single friends feel left out, my taken friends are pressured into buying the right gifts, cards and flowers. For us February is the end of 5 months of presents, gifts, and expectations. October starts with his birthday, November is my birthday then our anniversary, December is obviously Christmas, and Feb is Valentines day - then we have 7 months off from having to buy gifts or cards. We've always had a limit to presents costs, and today we actually limited it to just a card - which was complicated enough.

I'm very blessed to be surrounded by so many couples who inspire me. Then I also have single friends who inspire me too, and of course my wonderful boyfriend - even if he texts just to tell me I'm a plonker. I just want to say to all of you that I love you all very much, and I hope you realise that every day.

2 comments:

  1. I had a bunch of flowers today, which I had to BEG for! Valentines is always hard, and only gets harder when you have to celebrate 'our love' twice or more a year (every year for the rest of your lives!
    We need a (cheap) christian alternative!!! lets start a trend ... of some sort??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually said 'You are a plonker and I love you'

    ReplyDelete