Thursday 9 February 2012

Youth Work Summit 2011/2012

Hello!

I've got a few posts in my drafts folder - feel a bit like services that I'm working over in my head but today I want to talk about an event I went to in October last year, and a bit about the next one!

So Youth Work Summit is an event like no other I've been to. It was described today as One big name, lots of little quality. The key note in 2011 was awesomes and even ended with us all disco dancing!!

This is my tweet from the day - "incredible day: laughed, nearly cried, worshiped, danced and caught up with friends, was challenged and inspired! just booked 2012"

Each speaker gets a maximum of 15 minutes to talk, one after another - its full on, but you don't have to make a decision about what to see and they are all brilliant, and if a topic doesn't float your boat then you can snooze for 10 mins till the next one, I didn't have this issue they were all brilliant and there was free starbucks coffee!

After the event I was sent an email asking if I would join a team of youth workers that the organisers run ideas past and see what we think. Today was the second webchat of that group and I now have a few more details I can share with you about the event in May in London.

Hot off the press!
Starbucks are providing free coffee again!!!
Patrick Regan, Harry Baker, Miriam Swaffield and Guvna B are all on the speaking line up
Mark Oestreicher is coming over this year and is going to do an early day!

Its sounding very exciting and is for all youth workers, youth leaders, interns, volunteers and staff.

So what are you waiting for if you buy a ticket to the 2012 Summit by Sunday 12th February and you'll get the Mark Yaconelli's Ignatian Retreat audio recording for free!!


See you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment