Thursday 16 February 2012

learning to swim

Sometimes I fail at things. Things get bigger than me, and stress me out.

I've not been running in ages, grade 5 theory is really difficult and this Sunday coming my service is the most important to date - or at least it feels like that - assessed all age service at my home church on the transfiguration!!!

I'm trying to be real in this blog, not every thing is easy, but as someone said in an email to me last night - God puts us in situations out of our depth. I don't think He does that to watch us drown, but to teach us to swim.

My mum taught me to swim. Week after week she walked backwards doing widths in our local high school swimming pool, knowing that she was there gave me the confidence to swim without arm bands.

I know when I'm stressed and can't touch the floor that God is there, willing me on and ready to catch me if it all gets to much.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this Rach. I guess sometimes it can feel a bit like drowning til we realise we are swimming, just not necessarily with much style yet(I'm talking about myself and not making any comment on anything you feel you're 'failing' at...) Big love xx

    ReplyDelete