Monday 6 February 2012

2 dogs and no tv

I text a friend this morning saying - Do you think my life will ever calm down?

There are sometimes when everything is rather mad, a text or email, or even a tweet can totally turn my day upside down, though Saturday's text has managed to turned my whole week upside down.

My friends reply to my text include 'would you want it to?' and he has a point. I love all the people in my life, even those of you who text me early in the mornings cos you have kids or cos you're reading my blog. I love my job (mostly) I like where I live, the community I'm apart of and therefore I enjoy my life. But, just sometimes it would be nicer if it was less busy. I was pondering the other day about how it would work if I didn't work for the Church. A phrase used in the Imagine Project my circuit is doing with LICC is Full Time Christian Worker - meaning that all of us (Christians anyway) are full time Christians, our aim in live should be sharing God's love on our 'front lines' - where we spend most of our time. I am a Christian its in my being not just in my doing.

So yes I have a busy life, but that's how I made it to be!

As part of the year of prayer there is a prayer on twitter every morning and today's is - In the rush of today, help me find stillness. Help me to hear your gentle voice speaking directly to me, deep into my soul. Amen.

So here I sit, on a sofa with 2 dogs all snuggled up, and no TV as I can't find the remote, with the occasional car going past - so its rather quiet and still, and after the rush of this morning its rather lovely, (and in the context of the last few mad months). So here I am, Lord God help me to hear your gentle voice speaking directly to me, deep into my soul

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. update - I have sorted the remote issue and have TV again.

    ReplyDelete