Wednesday 28 March 2012

back on track

When I was little - well littler, (in about 1993) I was diagnosed with asthma. My parents don't remember why it happened, but I know I had a big inhaler breathing thingy and I'm allergic to something that treats asthma in a certain form. Not telling you what in case you decide to attack me with it and I'll go all spotty!

But for years its never affected me really.

Then Summer 2010 I started to get a tight chest and went to the doctor, given an inhaler and asked to go back for an asthma test. January 2011 the nurse said I was borderline asthmatic.

Now I've never been sporty, I used to run a very slow 1500m at school cos no one else would and I'd win lots of points for my form and later house in sports day.

But now I'm trying to get fitter and run 5k for cancer research (sponsor page plug) using this scheme.

I've had a few weeks off, but with £50 sponsor money already and my number for the race arriving in the post and the sunshine to make it easier I've been running today. I managed the whole 20 mins of week 1's scheme = 60 secs running and 90 secs walking, I've still got a long way to go, and I'm learning to run with asthma, taking my inhaler first today helped me not get so out of breathe.

Before when I was just lazy I took for granted that I would be able to run if I wanted to. Now its taking work, but then nothing worth doing well is easy.

Please sponsor, support and/or pray for me, as I train and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment