Monday 26 March 2012

doing life

At Church yesterday morning we were given a couple of mins to share 5 things we are thankful for with someone we aren't related to - which was easy for me, but not everyone! I was thankful for a great day with MWiB the day before, and the people who had driven me there. For the sunshine of that day, and a friend getting engaged a couple of days earlier, and last but not least another couple celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary that day.

I'm very lucky that I've been taken in by many people, but 2 families in particular. In this I mean the families who only kick me out when they want to go bed, who argue, tell off the kids and tickle each other's feet in front of me. These are the people who know my coffee order.

The couple celebrating invited me round for lunch yesterday, which other than me was family only - the same family who let me move into the granny flat.

I went on from there to my other adoptive family. We had tea, and even played football. Then mum and dad went off to the cinema and I babysat the 2 boys. Littlest was already in bed but big boy had some time so we watched a dvd for a bit then he went to bed.

Not long later I could hear crying, and went up to find big boy (who is only 7) upset cos there was a fly / moth type thing on his bed. Realising I had to be a grown up I got a glass and paper and removed scary winged thing, and read a story, then sat and played tetris while big boy fell back to sleep. It is a real privilege to be part of people's families.

Sometimes it's not easy. Some days many of you offload your problems, and yeah it can get tough, but please don't stop. I love being a part of your life. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs. Thank you for doing life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment