Sunday 11 March 2012

day in the life of...

After a week of random days today has been back to normal! Well back to work at least.

So here is me blogging life, literally. Now I keep a diary of the practical things that I do, I could go back to 2010 and know what I did on this day (I had a Reflective Manager group meeting and was going to go to the cinema - but then didn't). So this isn't just what would be in my diary, but an insight in what I've done today.

So I woke up after plenty of sleep, I woke to a text that had arrived the night before, played some tetris and arranged tea on Tuesday, and saw my prayer on @yr_of_prayer on twitter. I got up and got ready and drove down to my Sunday morning youth fellowship, and stopped on the way to buy lots of breakfasty items (Muffins, Crumpets, pancakes and golden syrup). The service started with a number of songs including 'Lord make me a Mountain' I really picked up on the line - "

Lord make me the servant of everyone I meet" [I've been thinking a lot recently about what I do for God, what I do with God, what is work and what is just being a Christian]. Then there was

an activity about what we value; money, family, looks etc.

When we got through into the Youth room - AKA the vestry. We got the breakfast and hot chocolate sorted and set to the task of planning worship for the Sunday school anniversary in May. We started this 2 weeks ago - think I mentioned it in another blog. So we got out the Bibles and hymn books and got distracted by the life files in the youth Bible, which are something I love and loathe as we often go off on tangents and today we got distracted with homosexuality 'it's a sin' so after discussing that Christians can believe many things on a spectrum of human sexuality we got back on task and they decided on a topic and they need to choose hymns next week when I'm not there.

I went from there to a supermarket that sell petrol and give bee points to buy petrol, then off to hobbycraft to buy feathers and boots to get some lunch.

Then back in the car to zoom to a school field to help at a 5-a-side football tournament. Reminded me of the old days at high school and the Mehji cup. The tournament went well even if it was a bit cold and well done to Smash A for winning, and the rest of the teams for playing well. the event concluded with hot dogs and a little talk from me and a local chaplain about running with perciverence, and not worrying - like a feather just floating along.

That finished an hour early and after helping to put a tent down - good practice for camping soon. I went home and had a good chat with a cousin and aunty, catching up and sharing news.

Just before 6 I got back in the car to go to the evening south circuit youth fellowship which had 6 young people at. They got to write things they don't believe in the Bible, things they are confused about and things they do believe. We then managed to discuss, creation, heaven and hell, feeding the 5000. It made me think about what I believe. I've often labelled myself as a liberal, and on some things I am, but I think its more that if I don't have an opinion I err on the side of caution, but maybe that's wrong, there's a difference between questioning and liberal.

And now I'm home, the Tv is on, I've been working on this blog for over an hour, I've updated my to do list on WorkFlowy.com and worked out whats going on over the next couple of weeks.

And that was my day back at work! They aren't all like that but that was my today. Lots to think about, lots done, lots more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment