Sunday 25 March 2012

first last

I’m a real believer in everything having a time and place. Everything is for a season. I spent yesterday in York at the MWiB (Methodist Women in Britain) roadshow. It was a brilliant day with over 500 women (and some men). There is much I could say about it, and probably will at some point but right now I want to focus on Jill's – our president - theme “for such a time as this.”

I know, throughout my short life that I’ve been in the right place at the right time – for such a time as this. And I know that I was called to this job, just in the way that I had people around me to support me to apply, and how the pieces all fell into place. In the same way I’ve always had somewhere to live here.

But today was my first last. Well to be fair I may have had my last Village Christmas meal in a barn, but this was more noticeable. I’d forgotten till I was driving down to the church, chastising myself for once again not taking time on Friday to buy breakfast and thinking I must next time, but there won’t be a next time. It was made more obvious when I saw a card being passed around the group – I was helpful and kept leaving. So at the end of the session where my marvellous 4 girls have planned a whole service (minus sermon) for the Sunday school anniversary, they presented me with card and fair trade chocs!

So I’m leaving, but yet I’m not. I still have 19 weeks to go. I will still see those kids at other places. But today was the last day we were us, there.

It is going to be strange as I start to leave, and do many more lasts, especially if I do stay in the area. So maybe it is time to move on.

Things change, I personally think that electricity pylons aren’t very pretty – though there is one in a field near to where I lived that brings back memories of walking and chatting with an old friend. However we accept them as part of the country side. Now, Wind turbines I think are very elegant, I wonder how long it will take for them to be accepted as the norm.

I don’t know what is next for me. I have some ideas but then I know God has a habit of turning them upside down. I believe in a God that always takes me from where I am. Today we sang Beautiful lord, and the words really spoke to me, it’s very much where I am. So I’m going to end with them –

Verse 1 :
Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure
All of my days are held in your hands
Crafted into
Your perfect plan

Verse 2 :
You gently call me into your presence
Guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord
To live all of my life
Through Your eyes


Bridge :
I'm captured by
Your holy calling
Set me apart,
I know you're drawing me to yourself
Lead me Lord I pray

Chorus:
Take me, mould me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

By Darlene Zschech
copied from -
http://www.hotlyrics.net/lyrics/D/Darlene_Zschech/The_Potter_s_Hand.html

No comments:

Post a Comment