Wednesday 14 March 2012

My Truth

I have a confession. I woke up today at 12 noon, as the supermarket man arrived my online delivery (which was 1 hour - 3 hours early).To be fair, my diary on Monday did say sleep in the morning, and I'd woken up before 8.

But its made me think as much as I can plan my life in my diary, my body has the final say on what I can do - maybe it knew I was going to go running this morning! Life is meant to be back to normal after the mad week I had last week. But what is normal?

My Facebook is playing up at the moment, I think it's my laptop that is causing the trouble, but I've tried on a few different browsers and they all have the same issue, though other computers do not. But I keep meaning to ask friends from last week if they are back to normal - but can't.

So what is normal? Who am I? This blog has been rewritten in my head for months. Back in the autumn there was a great show called My Transsexual Summer, and some of the people in that show used the phrase 'I'm living my truth.' I'm lucky to be happy with my body, I'm vain and think I'm beautiful, I'm happy sitting in front of a mirror watching myself - particularly while on the phone, this works in this house as I love sitting on the stairs.

I'm the girl in the pink slippers at Connecting Disciples.

I love driving cos I feel in control. I'm a control freak - though messy.

I've collected some great friends who I would call family over the years. My sisters, my big brothers, some lovely nephews, aunties, uncles, parents and even a son. I'm also blessed with a lovely blood family and I'm particular close with my parents and brother, and great Godparents! Not forgetting my amazing boyfriend who puts up with a lot.

I get stressed cos I'm passionate. Watching films with me is either annoying or funny, depending on if you need to watch in silence or not. I'm indecisive, but when I've made a decision I generally stick with it.

I'm known for hugs, smiles and supportive nodding. I'm a listener and say "fair enough," "cool" and "I see" a lot. I talk too fast, say 'um' too much and drop my voice at the end of sentences - but I'm working on that.

This is me, living my truth.


3 comments:

  1. and when she was younger she always wore tee shirts with a thought provoking statement on...wonder if she still does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good. Please don't stop being you.

    Because it's the "you" about you that's the you I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sometimes I still do, not for work obviously, but now and again. Who are you Mr/Ms Anonymous from my past?

    ReplyDelete