Thursday 15 March 2012

I'm not a crier, but...

I said yesterday that I am passionate, and I am, but I'm not a crier. I don't cry at films, or shows. I do cry, but something has to really upset me - not knowing what I'm doing with my life, my car dying, if I'm in physical pain (I'm a wimp), and sometimes in worship. I put it down to crying a lot at Charlotte's web at a Christmas in the early 1990s, I was so upset that Charlotte died that I couldn't go to the christingle service that evening - which made me even more upset.

Today I shed a tear. I saw on Facebook that a body has been found in a river that I used to cross regularly next to a pub that I went to celebrate my A level results, a friends 21st and the catch up when we were first back from uni. A town I called home and a place I knew.

I don't know how God bears to see his broken world hurting. I have to blot out all the pain in the world, we forget that every minute children are dying, old people are alone, and for some people just getting out of bed is an achievement.

I pray that today Jesus is walking the streets of that town I once called home. That God's comforting arms are there ready to hold all those who hurt, and that good can come out of even the darkest moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment