Tuesday 31 January 2012

I Thirst

Not quite sure where January has gone, but here we are on the edge of the 2nd month in 2012. I want to take a moment to reflect. At house group tonight we were talking about Water. It was started with 6 glasses on the table. I've found that since being involved with MWiB that I've noticed worship areas more and more, and this was simple, just one glass for each of us.

I didn't realise I was thirsty till I was given a glass. However, as soon as I was holding it I wanted to drink.

Similarly when I got back home I could see a whole sky full of stars, Orion's belt, a saucepan and the fast moving planet known as Boeing. But when I'm indoors I don't think about what I'm missing because of my roof.

Again its the same with friends, there are some people I talk to most days, and if I don't chat with them for a few days I look forward to Tuesday mornings when I know one of them will be back at work. Or there is the family who have taken me in, and my extra grandparents who I miss if I don't see each week really. There are other people I talk to less frequently and I don't miss them so much as I don't see them to miss them - if that makes sense.

One question tonight was about how the Holy Spirit can quench our thirst for Living Water but for me I think its more that I need it to make me realise I am thirsty, that I need the living water, to remind me to pray, to spend time in God's presence.
My aims for 2012 are about me spending more time for the people around me, for the world and for God. I'm not doing great on running, but I blog when I feel I have something to say, I've taken up music theory (and enjoying it mainly) as I'm failing at not being Marriage obsessed. Twitter is helping me to pray - with the @yr_of_prayer prayers every morning. And so far so good on Fairtrade stuff - well most of the time.

So there you are, there was my January. Bring on February, with more of the same, but I hope I will realise what I am thirsty for.

No comments:

Post a Comment