Sunday 8 January 2012

Covenant and weekendiness

This weekend has been very weekendy! Pancakes for tea on Friday with a colleague, Babysitting / night in, then Saturday with the family I'd been sitting for the night before, including watching 7 year old win Man of the Match for being an incredible goalie! Chips for lunch, board games in the afternoon. Out with a friend for tea which turned into a girly chat about the W word on her sofa. Then Church today, followed by an afternoon coffee with my 'Forton Grandparents' before dvds and films tonight.

As I mentioned the other day I think when I'm driving and today on the way to Church I was thinking about the Covenant prayer I would be saying about an hour later. What more can God want from me!? As an employee of the church - though maybe only for the next few month, and a trainee local preacher, as a volunteer and a friend who hopes to show God's love through my gifts and talents (AKA youth working my friends), what more can God really ask? But then there are parts of the prayer that are hard, its easy to do God's work when its your whole life, and paid to do part of it. What if I am to be out of work? To be troubled rather than at peace...

So maybe its not about stressing to do more, but on being in a relationship with God where I am. Covenant is not the start of the relationship but the continuation of it. A recommitment, not about new years resolutions of how I can do more, but a moment to say, I am still yours God. Journey with me as I keep going trying to do what you want in my relationship with you.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a fab weekend and some very good thoughts on Covenant! :)

    ReplyDelete