Monday 9 January 2012

day one running

Quick update on running!

I decided as part of my 7 aims (or 12 point plan) for 2012 I am going to run a 5k! Which means I have to get fit! I've given myself a week to get settled into 2012 so today was the day!!!

Important fact you need to know: I am very unfit!

Today I tried to start, with a 5 minute brisk walk, some quick stretches, then 60 seconds jogging, followed by 90 seconds walking (which is meant to be up to 20 mins)
7 mins into the jogging walking thing I decided I'd had enough - but still had to walk most of the way back. Its harder than it looks. and its difficult to count to 30!

Now sitting at home after taking inhaler, had some bread and butter and now a cup of coffee.

Though just checked the route on google maps and I went 1.2 miles and was out the house for about 20 mins, so all things considered I don't think that was too bad. Will have to try again on Wednesday... though need to find my mp3 player.

1 comment:

  1. the mother says 'really?!'. this we have to see :P she's just jealous.

    ReplyDelete