Wednesday 18 January 2012

fitness

Hello!

I'm really suprised at the amount of you reading this - or the last few posts anyway, I've had so many comments about this blog and for them I am really grateful that you are interested in reading what I'm saying!

So here goes.

As part of my aims of 2012 I'm hoping to get healthier. So far I've not managed breakfast every day - which has been hampered further recently by finding someone who will deliver take away - don't think cold pizza really counts! This is a major thing to me, I'm learning how to live in a rural community, and part of that is for the past 12 months I've not been able to order take away. I'm still rural - though that was a major part in my definition. I can walk to 2 cafes (one with crazy golf) 2 churches, and a post office within 10 minutes. There is then a shop, another cafe and my adoptive grandparents who are all 20 mins or so walk away, and that's about it! I love rural living and that's part of the reason I am taking up jogging as part of my fitness plan, as its something I can do from home.

Saturday I decided to walk to aforementioned adoptive grandparents - a lovely couple who have taken me in. It was a nice sunny but cold day so decided to walk and then jog back. On the walk there I was feeling impressed with myself. Earlier that week I'd been at a Bible study I wasn't expecting to be at - mainly cos my lovely car decided it didn't want to start. I missed the start so don't actually remember the starting point but the group got to discussing self confidence. Now I'm a confident person most of the time - or at least I portray that, my mum's saying of 'you are an alright person and all things pass' works well for me. I worry and I get nervous about new things. If you knew me 6 years ago you will be see the difference - I used to get so homesick for even the shortest stay away. This Bible study group seemed to say self-confidence is a bad thing. I understand if its self-confidence in a bigging up myself way that it can put other people down, but we all need a certain amount of confidence to enable us to feel ok in our skin and get on with what we are asked. At a recent interview I tried to explain I'm not a mouthy up front person really, but that's who you have to be at an interview. The Bible study group was more about having God confidence. And to be fair a lot of my confidence comes from knowing I am loved, by my parents and family, by my boyfriend, by my friends, and by God.

So this takes me back to my walk, and rural living. I live close to the railway line, and I love hearing the trains speed past, reminds me I'm connected to the bigger world, as well as the baaing of sheep and the tweeting of birds. I get to see God in creation. As part of my district's year of prayer there is a journal and week one's task is see where you find God in everyday things. For a look at the journal check out this link. http://www.lancashiremethodist.org.uk/prayer.html

And the jog back was ok, not as far as day 2, just need to keep going, and I really should be honest with you I've not been out since Saturday - its now Wednesday, but I have done Zumba on my wii.

1 comment: