Friday 13 January 2012

who knows...

You need some background to this blog. (but you probably do know all of this)

I'm an adult. I'm on my second car, I have a full time job, and rent a place to myself. I pay council tax. I accidentally moved out of my parents house about 3 years ago when I got this job and therefore haven't been back for a long period of time since then.

I am also in a long term committed relationship (and no we aren't about to get married before you ask)



Today I had another chat about my future, this isn't unusual, my contract at work is coming to an end, and I'm now at a point where I get to make the next big decision. Probably as big as which Uni I went to. It's really lonely making decisions. Often its easy, particularly when it is just me - do I feel like rice crispies or frosties today? Which type of bacon shall I buy? But which job to apply for, whether to try and stay here, or move are all big decisions. My boyfriend isn't sure what he wants to do next, and we are kinda waiting for me to know where I'm going so he can plan around me - that's a lot of pressure on me! I'm not having a go at him, I'm just feeling a bit fed up about being constantly asked about jobs, marriage, where to live. I have some great friends and my parents are helpful but in the end its my decision - or is it?

Even when I do find the job that I think is perfect for me, they (the interviewers) may have other ideas...

Who knows - the Old Man in the Mountain does that's who!

Or maybe God. As much as I'm not sure where I will end up in 6 months time, God does. So I shouldn't worry, or obsess, as my time isn't God's time, and (s)he knows best. (that nearly rhymes, I apologise it wasn't intentional.)

No comments:

Post a Comment