Tuesday 24 January 2012

Taking things for granted.

I'm ill.

I'm a rubbish ill person, I need to be entertained all the time. I've luckily got a friend visiting at the moment who was very good Sunday morning when I woke up with next to no voice and about to do my first all age worship at a brand new church. I had thought on Saturday night as my throat started to hurt what I would do if my voice went. Sunday morning was a bit of a rush, finding a new prayer of adoration that would be easier to get someone else to read for me, printing another copy of the call to worship so the steward could read that too. I had taken it for granted that I would be able to lead my service by myself.

I just heard the news - I try not to watch it often as I get mad and shout at it. There was something today about petrol, and how people shouldn't panic buy, but it might be that there is an issue in a few days. Now I drive for a living - I love driving and after my first lesson I decided to quit school and work as a driver in one way or another after my I had taken my test - obviously I didn't, but did find a job that enables me to spend hours on the road. I take being able to fill up with petrol whenever I need for granted. I've always lived within a mile of a petrol station. I'm working on the other side of the district on Saturday and have half a tank at the moment but what do I do, join in with the panic buyers, or trust that there will still be petrol when I need it later in the week?

What else do we take for granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment