Thursday 5 January 2012

Lonely Sunday

You would think that I might get lonely.

I was thinking on Tuesday when I did get home that I might blog about Daemons and being lonely, but I never got home. I got stuck on the M6 as a lorry had gone over and they had closed the motorway, so I stayed with a friend in Warrington and finished my journey on Wednesday.

There aren't many times when I am actually on my own. The interconectivity I talked about recently (ish) means that even when I'm physically on my own I'm still generally talking to people - and its strange when it doesn't work. I also have a few families who will take me in and make me coffee and sometimes even leave me in their house while they go off to drop someone off or collect someone, and to them I am very grateful.

Hurts' song Sunday, talks about the downside of long distance relationships - and probably not the best thing to be listening to on Tuesday as I was driving away from my lovely but far away boyfriend. There's a point whenever I'm driving away where I realise I'm too far away to turn back. That has always felt like I'm being torn in two and I'm leaving part of me behind. Reminds me of in His Dark Materials when Lyra and Pan (her Daemon / Soul) are being pulled apart.

I have a busy life, with working full time, and Local Preacher training, MWiB stuff and sustaining my relationships I don't have much time alone, I'm on my phone when I walk and on my laptop when I'm at home so actually the only time I get to think is when I drive - just need to find a way to write my ideas down at that point!

I love my house and the spare bedroom means that friends can come to stay and I've got one visiting for the next few days which is lovely, just means even less time on my own.

So no, I don't have time to get lonely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment